How B Vitamins Can Help Pass a Drug Test
Drug tests are common in some companies despite the recent legalization of marijuana in some regions. If you are faced with such a test, there is a high chance that you will fail without help even if you’re a casual smoker of cannabis. Some people believe that B vitamins can help pass a drug test. Are they right?
Table of Contents
Types of B Vitamins and Their Roles in the Body
Eight essential nutrients form the group of B vitamins. Most of the time, they work together in the human body. Despite this fact, they have unique functions and play different roles in bodily systems and organs.
Still, the B vitamins depend on each other to provide health benefits and proper absorption. A varied, healthy diet can provide all the necessary B vitamins. Medical professionals often treat and prevent deficiencies of B vitamin by increasing the dietary intake of the patient or prescribing vitamin supplements.
Each of the eight B vitamins has the following functions:
- Thiamin (vitamin B-1) – this B vitamin helps the cells in the body convert carbohydrates into energy for use. The energy is used mainly by the body, nervous system and brain.
- Riboflavin (vitamin B-2) – this B vitamin breaks down the fats, proteins, and carbohydrates. Also, it plays a large role in maintaining the energy supply in the body. Riboflavin is also important in converting carbohydrates to adenosine triphosphate.
- Niacin (vitamin B-3) – vitamin B3 is also known as niacin or nicotinic acid. It is essential in our diet every day to break the food down into energy that the body can use. A lack of this vitamin can cause a disorder called pellagra.
- Pantothenic acid (vitamin B-5) – this vitamin promotes biochemical reactions for the cells every day. This includes breaking down lipids and carbohydrates for energy. Since this vitamin is water-soluble, it is important for daily diets. It also aids the production of hormones and growth.
- Vitamin B-6 – B6 is crucial because it plays a part in over 100 enzyme reactions in cells. it also helps metabolize amino acids from the diet while building red blood cells.
- Biotin (vitamin B-7) – the body uses this vitamin to metabolize fats, carbohydrates, and amino acids. It promotes normal fetus growth.
- Folate (vitamin B-9) – this B vitamin converts carbohydrates into glucose.
- Vitamin B-12 – this vitamin helps build blood cells and maintain healthy nerve cells.
Which of the B Vitamins Can Help Pass a Drug Test?
Out of the eight B vitamins, two can be helpful for this process. They are B2, and B12.
One sure way to use these vitamins is the dilution method. The method mainly involves taking lots of water before the urine test. The result is the excretion of water and a reduction of the concentration of the drug's metabolites found in the urine.
The only problem with this method is that it does not only affect the concentration of the drug metabolites. It affects many other physical and chemical properties of urine, such as creatinine level, color, and specific gravity. The abnormal ranges of these properties can reveal that a sample was diluted and this will affect the result negatively.
Normal urine has yellow color. The dilution makes it pale, but using B vitamins before the test will restore its normal appearance. 200mg of either B2 or B12 taken one hour before the test will do the trick.
This, however, is not enough, because labs check urine samples not only for the correct color, but also for other characteristics, including pH, creatinine, specific gravity and others. As said before, dilution changes these properties also, what means that just taking B vitamins is not enough for passing sample adulteration test.
Taking complex solution is the only way to solve the problem. THC detox drinks, which include B vitamins, creatine and other important ingredients, help pass the adulteration test for sure. Moreover, they contain diuretics, which help you urinate more and get much cleaner urine sample without changing its physical and chemical properties. I'd recommend using marijuana detox kits, which include home urine test device in addition to THC detox drinks.
Also, some people believe that Niacin (B3 vitamin) can remove THC from the body by increasing blood pressure and cleansing blood vessels. This method is called "niacin flush detox". However, it does not have any scientific evidence. Niacin will not help you pass a drug test! Moreover, taking excessive doses of Niacin is dangerous, because it has numerous side effects.
How to Use B Vitamins to Pass a Drug Test
As mentioned earlier, B2 and B12 vitamins can be used in the dilution process to pass a drug test. However, the process is tricky. Not following the right steps can make you fail. Here are the steps to follow:
- Step one: take B vitamins in large quantities, especially B2 vitamins or riboflavin. It is safe so you can take it two days or one day in advance before the test.
- Step two: this step involves taking lots of water to dilute the drug concentration in your urine. Start with half a gallon and wait it out. Ensure that you urinate 1.30 minutes to 2 hours later. This time, you need to drink a full gallon of water. Doing this step is important because it is what ensures that your urine is basically only water. However, the test sample should not appear as clear as water because it will raise suspicion and be retested. If it looks too much pale, the next step comes in.
- Step three: you need more B vitamins after consuming so much water to prevent overdilution of the urine. 200 mg of B2 or B12 is enough. Consuming this will turn your urine color to yellow despite being mostly water. Also, the sample will contain negligible traces of drugs so that the test cannot detect them.
How Long Do B Vitamins Stay in Your System?
If you intend to use this method, you may worry about how long B vitamins can stay in the system. Most of the B vitamins are naturally water-soluble. They dissolve quickly in the body and cannot stay for long. Also, they do not build up in the body tissues. This is why most B vitamins stay in your system for only about 24 hours.
The only exception is B12 vitamins. Our bodies have ability to save it for the future, mainly in the liver. B12 may stay in your system for up to 5 years.
Can a Drug Test Detect B Vitamins?
Drug testing labs do not perform special tests to detect B vitamins. Usual adulteration tests check for pH, specific gravity, creatinine, glutaraldehyde, exogenous nitrite, oxidants and pyridinium chlorochromate. If your urine has normal yellow color, there is no way to say if this color is natural or if it was artificially achieved by taking B vitamins. So, the answer is no, labs cannot detect B vitamins in drug testing samples.
Can B Vitamins Cause a False Positive on a Drug Test?
No, the B vitamins themselves cannot cause a false positive result. However, there may be a problem with riboflavin (B2) supplements.
Riboflavin supplements are mostly produced synthetically and some companies use hemp seed oil for this process. This ingredient can leave small traces of THC in urine samples. In most cases, they are not enough to trigger a false positive result, but I recommend to be careful about the B2 vitamin products and do not take them in excess if you are going to pass a drug test.
Using B vitamins to pass a drug test is required. However, it must be done properly to reduce suspicion. You also do not want to use a B2 vitamin supplement that has traces of THC in it. Ensure that you follow all the steps closely and if possible, test yourself at home before sending in a sample. If you need a reliable solution to pass a drug test, please consider a marijuana detox kit, which includes beverage with B vitamins, diuretics, creatine and other necessary ingredients.