You Can Detox from Weed and Pass a Drug Test in a Few Hours
THC is metabolized in different ways, which is why it can take from as little as three days to up to a few weeks to get it out of your system. However, there are ways to cleanse your body and speed up the process. This article explains how long you should detox from marijuana to pass a drug test.
Table of Contents
THC and How It Is Stored in the Body
Tetrahydrocannabinol, also known as THC, is the main chemical in marijuana. When you are tested for marijuana, labs check for THC in your sample, so if you want to pass a drug test, you need to eliminate THC from your system.
Many people do not know that THC is fat, as it belongs to lipids, a group of organic fats. It may be surprising to discover that the cannabis plant contains fatty molecules. These molecules don’t mix with water; rather, they are stored in your fat after entering your body.
When weed is inhaled or smoked, THC goes from the lungs to the bloodstream, and from there it goes to the lipid tissues. Since it is stored in the fat, it may require a lot of time for THC to leave your system naturally.
How Long Does It Normally Stay in Your System?
Several factors determine how long THC will stay in your system. These range from physical activity, age, weight, and personal metabolism to the potency and amount of cannabis. Infrequent weed users eliminate it faster than frequent users, who may develop tolerance to cannabinoids.
|Using habits||How long THC stays in urine|
|Single use||From 2 to 3 days|
|Rare use||From 4 to 7 days|
|Regular use||From 1 week to 1 month|
Occasional users will likely pass a urine test for marijuana in less than a week.
How THC Is Removed from the Body
On average, up to 90% of THC as well as its metabolites are excreted from your system within five days. About 20% pass through the urine, and around 65% are excreted with the feces. The remnants are removed through other biological materials, such as sweat or broken down into other organic materials as a result of chemical reactions in the body.
The Long Way to Get Rid of THC
As mentioned before, traces of THC are stored in fat and removed through urine, feces, and other waste products. This makes it easier to find a working method to detox from THC. Below are some effective and scientifically proven methods:
- Exercise. Aside from improving health and physical fitness, exercise is one of the most efficient natural ways to detox from weed. Engaging in an intensive workout helps to break down fat cells and eliminate THC from them. Some of the recommended exercises include running, rebounding, bicycling, and swimming.
- High-Fiber Diet. A diet high in fiber can be useful in detoxing the body as well since a large percentage of THC is removed through feces. Food items or products that stimulate bowel movements can come in handy to detox from marijuana. Some foods to eat include fruits, beans, and vegetables. You also need to avoid foods with high fat content because they promote accumulation of fats that hold THC in the body.
- Sauna. As noted earlier, THC also passes through sweat to leave the body. It does so with other toxins, so anything that stimulates sweat, such as a sauna, will be very helpful to detox from weed.
The methods above are helpful but very slow. You may need weeks to get rid of all unwanted substances. If time is a factor for you, the process can be sped up. Here is a faster method to try:
- Drinking Water. Drinking more water causes more urination, which helps the body remove the toxins faster. For weed detox, you need to consume one gallon of water every day for seven days. It can be taken in equal portions of three cups during the day. You can choose to drink other liquids, such as beverages or juices, but pure water is recommended, as it is more effective.
Still, even this method is not the fastest. If you want to get the maximum effect, there is an effective way to detox your body in just a few hours.
The Fastest Way to Detox from Marijuana
Flushing THC out of the body is the best method to pass a drug test. It is a 3-step process:
- Do not use marijuana as long before a test as you can because it would introduce new toxins into your body and spoil your result.
- Three hours before your drug test, start drinking up to twenty to thirty ounces of pure water every hour.
- Urinate often to remove the toxins. Diuretics can help make this happen.
With this method, urine is diluted and begins to look pale. The lab may reject this pale-looking sample because it looks unnatural. This is why you need to add some supplements, such as creatine and B vitamins. These supplements restore the urine’s natural yellow color as well as chemical composition.
Another option is using a specially designed drink for a quick drug test. This product contains all the components needed, such as diuretics and dietary supplements. It helps flush toxins out of the body and also preserves the composition and appearance of urine. When using a marijuana detox drink, you can pass a drug test in just two hours. It also saves you time and money because you no longer need to buy vitamins and diuretics with other dietary supplements.
Detox kits are also helpful. They contain THC detox drinks, pills, and home testing devices. This ensures that the drug level is low enough before going in for the test.